cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unboundid ldap upgraded version from 1.1.3 to 3.1.1. ClassNotFoundException being thrown.

susamn
0 Kudos

unboundid ldap upgraded version from 1.1.3 to 3.1.1. ClassNotFoundException being thrown.

Hi,

I have recently upgraded our unboundid ldap jar version from 1.1.3 to 3.1.1. After the upgrade when I am deploying the app in weblogic, I am getting a ClassNotFoundException in the log. So far I have faced no issues in terms of functionality, but I am concerned is there any connection leakage is happeining underneath or not.

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.unboundid.ldap.sdk.DisconnectType
at weblogic.utils.classloaders.GenericClassLoader.findLocalClass(GenericClassLoader.java:297)
at weblogic.utils.classloaders.GenericClassLoader.findClass(GenericClassLoader.java:270)
at weblogic.utils.classloaders.ChangeAwareClassLoader.findClass(ChangeAwareClassLoader.java:64)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247)
at weblogic.utils.classloaders.GenericClassLoader.loadClass(GenericClassLoader.java:179)
at weblogic.utils.classloaders.ChangeAwareClassLoader.loadClass(ChangeAwareClassLoader.java:43)
... 1 more

App package : WAR

Server : Weblogic 10.3.6

1 REPLY
UnboundID _-rc-_
UnboundID
0 Kudos

Re: unboundid ldap upgraded version from 1.1.3 to 3.1.1. ClassNotFoundException being thrown.

Hi,

If you're attempting to swap out a very old version of the UnboundID LDAP SDK (1.1.3) with the latest (3.1.1) that is not advisable without an update to the web application.  There is generally very good compatibility between versions of the LDAP SDK but not at this large of span. It is highly likely that if the application is recompiled by the author with the latest SDK, little to no changes would be required.

As for your current state, I would not advise running with the error above.