cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Configure DS HTTPS Connection Handler to only work on one interface - Windows 2K8R2SP2

SOLVED
Go to Solution
UnboundID steved
UnboundID
0 Kudos

How to Configure DS HTTPS Connection Handler to only work on one interface - Windows 2K8R2SP2

My environment consist of a W2K8R2SP2 VM in Vmware fusion.

The VM has 4 Interfaces configured. Static IP Addresses assigned.

I have tried to configure UBID to only use 1 of the IP Addresses. 

This seems to work for LDAP and LDAPS however the HTTPS Connection Handler is still listening on all interfaces. (I found this in 6.0.0.0 and 6.0.1.0 of the DS)

Just wondering if this is the way UBID DS is supposed to work.
If so, what is the point of the HTTPS Connection Handler configuration item?

5 REPLIES
UnboundID _-rc-_
UnboundID
Solution

Re: How to Configure DS HTTPS Connection Handler to only work on one interface - Windows 2K8R2SP2

I confirmed this is a bug, HTTP Connection handler initialization does not set the Host property of the Jetty ServerConnector so it defaults to listening on all interfaces. This was probably an oversight when the connector was refactored to use the latest version of jetty. I'll file a defect for it.

UnboundID AlexH
UnboundID

Re: How to Configure DS HTTPS Connection Handler to only work on one interface - Windows 2K8R2SP2

Thanks - please can you give us an ETA when you have it. I need to relay it to our customer.

UnboundID _-rc-_
UnboundID
0 Kudos

I'm just the messenger here. You should contact Product Management for any ETAs or commitments, the JIRA issue to reference is DS-17813

Normally I would add you as a Watcher on the issue but the UnboundID JIRA system is separate from Ping's JIRA and only a subset of Ping Identity users are registered in UnboundID JIRA. I'll open a separate ticket for this.

UnboundID AlexH
UnboundID
0 Kudos
Solution

STAGING-5957 is our reference, thanks.

UnboundID steved
UnboundID
0 Kudos

Thank you